Monday 5 December 2011

New Discovery!

I am determined to make more new discoveries.

Seeing as it's coming up to the end of the year and soon to be 2012 which of course is when the world will end I feel I should be finding new bands for next year.

Today I found someone who I had heard quite a lot about but only listened to recently.

Dan Mangan is certainly pleasing my ears. Granted he has done quite a bit since 2007 but a friend of mine today told me to listen to him and I thought it was about time. Hailing from Canada he provides a charismatic Folk sound that I am a sucker for!

Not only does he possess a hauntingly honest voice but the use of strings in the songs as well as electric guitar creates quite a fresh sound.

Favourite song of the new album 'Oh Fortune' is probably 'Post War Blues' and here it is:-



Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment